Bay Area School ReservationsAll Bay Area school groups must make a reservation to visit Aquarium of the Bay and experience one of our experiential education programs. Please review the following important information before submitting your Reservation Request Form. Thank you for working with us to make your visit an educational and enjoyable experience!
Timeline for reservations for the 2013-2014 school year:
- SFUSD teachers may submit Reservation Request Forms starting August 14, 2013 for classes and tours during the 2013-2014 school year.
- All other Bay Area teachers may submit Reservation Request Forms starting August 28, 2013 for classes and tours during the 2013-2014 school year.
How to make a class or tour reservation for the 2013-2014 school year:
Step #1: Check out our available programming to determine what best fits the needs of your group. Please note which programs are available to match your group’s grade level as well as your schedule.
Step #2: Fill out an online Reservation Request Form for your desired program in its entirety. Reservations via phone are not accepted.
Step #3: Reservation Request Forms are accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Education Coordinator will review your form, call you with any questions or conflicts, and then process your request.
Step #4: A confirmation letter will be faxed or e-mailed to you once your request has been confirmed by the Education Coordinator. DO NOT assume you have a reservation unless you have been contacted by the Education Coordinator or have received a confirmation letter.
Step #5: Once the Education Coordinator has fully processed your program, a Field Trip Packet, which includes your confirmation number, the Aquarium Behavior Agreement and Chaperone Guide will be e-mailed or faxed to you. It is important to bring your confirmation number and signed Behavior Agreement to the Aquarium on the day of your visit. DO NOT assume you have a reservation unless you have been contacted by the Education Coordinator or have received a confirmation letter.
Important Notes About Classes and Tours at the Aquarium
Each reservation is for a maximum of 42 participants, this includes all students, teachers and parent chaperones. If your group is larger than 42 participants, you will need to have two (2) reserved time slots. Please read program descriptions carefully, as certain programs are limited in the number of students who can participate.
- Programs cannot be shortened. We offer many different programs to teachers to choose from, but some are 2+ hours in length. Please be aware of how long the program is that you are reserving, and make appropriate plans to be at the Aquarium for the entire length of the program.
- Additional chaperones will be charged $10.00 per person for admission.
- All programs, with the exception of the Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program, are free to all K-12 Bay Area schools (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Solano counties). Each program is offered at different times throughout the school year, and all require a reservation.
- Non-Bay Area schools, Pre-K and after school programs not affiliated with SFUSD, non-local college groups, and summer camps wishing to visit the Aquarium should contact Group Sales to schedule a visit.
- Please note any special circumstances or additional necessary information on your Reservation Request Form (e.g. your group will need to leave early or you have a child with special needs). The more information you provide about your group, the better we can modify the program to meet your needs.
- Please take a minute to read through our Tips for a Successful Visit.
- Availability is limited for our programs. Please submit your Reservation Request Form early!