Hybrid Ferry Program
Join Aquarium of the Bay and Alcatraz Cruises for a unique, hands-on educational experience. Led by the Aquarium’s team of expert naturalists, the Discover the Bay-Hybrid Ferry Program provides an immersive learning experience with San Francisco Bay from above and below the water onboard Hornblower Hybrid, the nation’s first hybrid ferry.
This 5-hour program includes:
- Ecology, food web and basic water chemistry of San Francisco Bay
- The history of these waters and the surrounding Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Impacts of climate change to this region
- Innovative energy saving technologies
- Personal actions everyone can do to protect this vital resource
- A tour of Aquarium of the Bay's exhibits
Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Scholarship: Apply for a free field trip! Limited scholarships are available through Alcatraz Cruises and the California Coastal Commission for Bay Area 5th-8th grade classes. Applications must be received by 12:00 noon on Friday, October 12, 2012.
Click here to download scholarship application
Hybrid Ferry Program Reservations: To reserve a program, please submit a Reservation Request Form to Mayra@bay.org or fax your printed form to 415-623-5324.
Cost: $1,100.00 per program*
The Discover the Bay-Hybrid Ferry Program is only available on limited Tuesdays and Wednesdays, November - May.
- Maximum number of total participants (students, teachers, and chaperones) per program: 45.
- 1 adult chaperone per 7 student ratio required.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITES ARE AVAILABLE! If you are interested in sponsoring a class trip or the entire program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.