Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program
Join Aquarium of the Bay and Alcatraz Cruises for a unique, hands-on educational experience. Led by the Aquarium’s team of expert naturalists, the Discover the Bay-Hybrid Ferry Program provides an immersive learning experience of San Francisco Bay onboard the Hornblower Hybrid.
This 5-hour program includes:
- Ecology, food web and basic water chemistry of San Francisco Bay and the surrounding Golden Gate National Recereation Area
- The history of the Bay and the surrounding Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Impacts of climate change to the region
- Innovative energy saving technologies
- Personal actions everyone can take to protect local and global environments
- An optional tour of Aquarium of the Bay's exhibits
$1,100.00 per program
Aquarium of the Bay has a limited number of scholarships available for Bay Area school groups to participate in the Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program free of charge. To apply for a scholarship, please fill out the form on our Reservation Request page. The initial review date for scholarship applications will be Friday September 19th. Applications received by this date will be given priority. The secondary review date will be Friday October 23rd. Applications received by this date will be assessed based on demonstrated need. If there are any scholarships remaining after the second round of reviews, applications will be awarded scholarships on a first come, first serve basis.
The Discover the Bay Hybrid Ferry Program is only available on limited dates during the school year.
- Maximum number of total participants (students, teachers, and chaperones) per program: 45
- Minimum 1 adult chaperone per 7 student ratio required.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE! If you are interested in sponsoring a class trip or the entire program, please contact email@example.com.